Pages

2.24.2010

How I function...

Lists. I (Alyssa) live off lists.
Without a to-do list every single day, I don't think I could function. I love having my daily agenda arranged line by line and crossing each thing off after it's completed. Why do I love lists? Let me count (or list) the ways:
1. They bring order to chaos. With 15 credits in school, 25 hours of work each week, ASUU finance board responsibilities, having a husband to feed and 3 church callings I can use all the order I can get!
2.They help me remember things. I am sooo grateful for anything that can help me remember!
3. Making lists can make you famous. This one is a stretch but notable list makers include Thomas Jefferson, Martha Stewart and Benjamin Franklin.
4. They allow me to focus on what's important. They help me narrow down what needs to be done to get through one more day on this planet.

Right now, I have 4 lists going:
1. List of things I need to do before we leave tomorrow (for Vegas/Phoenix!!)
2. List of classes I need to study for/assignments I need to do before we get back on Monday.
3. List of things we need to pack for our trip.
4. List of things I want to accomplish within the next 5 years!
Sometimes (...often) I will even write down a couple things I've already done, just to cross it off the list. Oh, how I love that feeling of accomplishment!
Which brings me to my current dilemma... my professors this year do not share my belief in the power of lists. In one of my favorite classes, Medical Speech Pathology, there are so many concepts that are discussed in such great depth that I have the hardest time studying. Lists, I'm great at. Medical concepts, not so much. BUT it helps that the professor is incredibly intellectual and pretty good looking. Liz and I get giddy just going to that class! However, I just might have to convince him of the power (and convenience) of lists.

2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

I love and whole-heartedly agree with this post until.......Martha Stewart. She went to jail, so scratch that.

haha Love you!

Meag said...

Lyss, you're cute. I love lists too, they're the only way I accomplish ANYTHING! Have fun on your trip, sounds awesome!!!!