Pages

2.22.2010

MuffinTops: God's Gift to a Morning's Line-Up

Mornings. Aren't they great to wake up to? I mean, there is little to not like. Morning breath? check. Stubbed toe on the dresser? check. Using a fusion of white nectorine and pink coral flower scented shampoo because you are too tired to open your eyes for the manly shampoo? check. I'm quite surprised that anyone wakes up in the first place.

That's probably why God created muffins. Better yet, Muffins that pour right out of a Malt-o-Meal bag into a happy bowl of anticipation. Even Seinfeld wanted people to liven their mornings by changing the old saying from "top of the morning to you," to "top of the muffin to you." (See episode 155.) We can only imagine that this is where MOM got the idea of naming "muffin Tops" cereal, which are so delectible that they are currently going on Ebay for $8.25 - a mere penny to pay for the Trinity's sanctioned breakfast cereal.



For some time my heart sank into a chasm of sorrow when I found out that they had been discontinued. But lately they are making a come back. There was a recent sighting at Dick's bakery in Bountiful a couple months ago, and my wife found it in Smiths just last week. My mornings have been nothing short of celestial since.

So why am I writing about Muffin Tops cereal? Because my wife told me that I needed to write on this blog about something I'm passionate about. If i would have written about her, I think people would be turned off from the extreme cheesiness of it all, and thus we would have lost our fan base. Plus, I don't want to embarass her. Lets just say she does it more for me than God's gift to a morning's line up.


Anyone interested in making a Muffin Top cereal fan group? I know you want to.

2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Laughed my way through this one!
You Know what else is delightful? OOPS ALL BERRIES!!! And they also made a comeback at Smith's for $2 a box!!! *love those things*

Thanks for the post :)

Emily M. said...

i actually LOVE muffin tops and i was way sad when i couldn't buy them anymore! i am SO excited to hear i may be able to get my hands on some again!! wooot! :)