Now let's finish up Germany, shall we?
Next stop was Munich.
Munich is full of people enjoying summer.
There were people playing bocce ball in a large park.
There were couples dancing in an open gazebo as locals played music just for fun. No tips taken.
There was a open air badmiton tournament.
Just around the corner was a band playing on stage surrounded by carnival concession stands.
Much of the wall is several hundred years old. Other parts had to be restored from when we bombed
the city in WWII. We learned that over 300 houses had been destroyed in the war.
About 60% of the town is original and the other 40% was rebuilt in the same style.
When you walk on the wall you can see everything; "Christmastown", restaurants,
neighborhoods and the main clocktowers.
This is the most photographed house in Germany. And for good reason! It's adorable.
(How many times have I used the word 'adorable' so far? Well, I ain't stoppin'!)
After eating a delicious Italian meal (don't you dare judge us!), we decided to do the Night Watchman Tour.
It was fun to go throughout the town with this guy below telling us SO many stories about Rothenberg.
I'm pretty sure he was American. Too many American pop culture references and an awfully fake accent.
Did you hear me say "Christmastown" earlier? Oh yes.
There is an area of Rothenberg where Kathe Wohlfahrt keeps a Christmas village all year round.
I was in holiday heaven.
One thing we saw before leaving was a Crime and Torture Museum.
It was so interesting to see what punishments there were for
lying to the preacher and stealing corn from a neighbor back in the day.
I spent like 5 hours there. Yeah... I guess that's kinda creepy, huh?
The next day was our last day in Germany.
We left Rothenberg ob der Tauber for Dusseldorf. It was one of the longest train rides of my life.
We finally got into Dusseldorf and we were starving. We walked around for what felt like an hour
trying to find a restaurant with an English menu posted outside.
For the first time in our entire European experience- on our very last day in Germany-
we couldn't find an English menu.
We didn't dare eat somewhere with a German-only menu because we didn't care for the food.
In what seemed a perfect coincidence, we turned the corner and found a Korean restaurant.
A Korean restaurant in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Mike and I looked at each other. Nothing had to be said. Thanks to Mike's Korean we could eat something!