Pages

4.26.2011

decisions, decisions

Two entirely separate things you must know first:

1. Just over two years ago, when Mike and I were ring shopping, I fell in love with a beautiful, simple, designer, vintage inspired engagement ring. It was pricey. Mike told me that if I wanted it I could have it... we just couldn't afford the matching wedding band too. I was fine with that. I was stuck on this ring. We've been married almost two years and I still don't have a wedding band. It's great when I'm checking in a guest at the hotel and they say, "Oh, you're engaged! Well, congratulations!" I laugh and explain that I'm already married. I've dealt just fine so far.

2. When Mike and I get back to Barcelona after our cruise, we will have 6 days until we fly back to the States. We have been debating whether we should stay in Barcelona for those 6 days or look into taking a short trip to a different country.

Just the other night, Mike gave me a decision to make:

wedding band
or
Brussels, Belgium


I chose Brussels.
no hesitation.

Wouldn't you?

7 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

DEFINITELY BRUSSELS!!!
I'd sell my first-born to go there. Let alone the wedding band. :)

A slight exaggeration? Nope.

Bekah said...

Well, I am very excited for you. That will be SOOOOO fun! I am so excited to hear how it is! Take LOTS of pictures :-)

Casey said...

Good choice, Alyssa. Though buying me an expensive gift would have been a good choice, too.

Amy Jane said...

Call me. Seriously. I lived in Brussels, remember?

brookenelson said...

Hence the reason I don't want a bigger stone. Um. I would rather have a vacation and have memories. You can't get that off a wedding band. Just saying. ALSO-- you can travel NOW. Wait until you have kids, and save up for a band. You can't travel to Brussels with kids!

Daniel and Bonnie Farnsworth said...

We have been to Brussels and we loved it.

Mr. and Mrs. Danger Brown said...

yes, because wedding rings look best on their own...in my opinion. yes, i do have a band...but only because it's inherited. otherwise, i like my ring best on it's own. and i love yours that way too:)
and who doesn't want to travel to like 15 places in a couple weeks...lucky duck

so so so happy for you guys...remember we're having a photo party shortly after