Pages

6.16.2011

Europe: Part 1

We're back!!!!!!
We finally got into Salt Lake City on the 10th of this month (thank heavens! after 18 long hours of travel) and definitely felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation. We had Saturday and Sunday to re-cooperate (and put some food in our empty fridge) ... and then we hit the ground running with our full time jobs. We're still looking for our post-grad jobs but that's a whole other post.

Speaking of future posts, I have no idea how I should split up all these pictures/stories so that I don't a) overload you with a ridiculous amount of pictures in one post or b) split our trip into so many posts that you stop caring about our life all together. I think I'll split it into Spain, Italy and Germany. 3 posts with- I promise- no more than 10 pictures each. haha!

For today, I bring you Spain and a little of the cruise ship.
We spent a day before and after the cruise in Barcelona. We had no idea what to expect but were surprised with how much there was to see in this crazy city.
After we checked into the most cramped room of our whole trip, we ventured out to try "tapas" which are basically bite-size appetizers original to Spain. I tried using a little bit of "my" Spanish... uhhh, let's just say that ALL conversations during these 3 weeks in Europe ended up in English. The people took pity on us. Our favorite sight in Barcelona- hands down- was La Sagrada Familia. It's both incredible and odd. Actually, a lot of the city was both incredible and odd... unfortunately, we didn't take too many pictures here.

Alyssa at La Boqueria Market and Mike in Placa de Catalunya (downtown)


Of course, my eye goes straight to chocolate.


Tapas at Txapela.


Us standing in front of La Sagrada Familia





On the ship there was a ridiculous amount of things to see, do and eat! I won't go on forever about how wonderful the cruise ship was because well... we didn't spend much time on it. We did take a couple pictures around the ship, of us at the Italian restaurant Cucina del Capitano and of the fabulous food at the steakhouse Prime onboard.


Cucina del Capitano.

The absolutely AMAZING food at Prime. We had 5 courses and 5 different desserts to end it! You know I loved that!



... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I can't wait to show you Italy!

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!!!

c a n d a c e said...

I DEMAND MORE PICTURES & POSTS!!!!!!
*love it* :D

Sarah M. said...

looks SO fun. the tapas remind me of a delicious spanish restaurant in utah...cafe madrid. sooo yummy. anyway you guys look like you had fun. can't wait to hear more!