Pages

8.11.2011

stepping back

Last night I attended the beautiful wedding dinner of Mike's cousin, Nate.
Our table of 8 was full...
Mike, myself, Eric (Mike's brother), Matt (Mike's brother) & his wife Brooke & son Blake and Adam (Mike's brother) & his wife Tara.


EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON named above is "a talker".

Being among so many of his/our siblings at the same time, I realized something. I've always been the outgoing, talkative person to take the reins in any social situation.


But when I'm around the Nelson fam, it isn't so.
I like to take the backseat and just listen.
I know that I'm not a different person around them but rather taking a break and letting them be my entertainment. Make sense?

It's funny. I never dreamt I'd marry into a family more extroverted and social than my own... but I did and I love it.

No comments: