Pages

3.15.2010

spending it up... someday

I've had my eye on a few things. Some things I know won't fit into our current budget. (Sidenote: With all this talk at church about "provident living": being self-sustaining, financially frugal, etc. I created a slightly strict budget Mike and I will adhere to until May.) After this semester is over and I have time to make a little more money to put in the bank, I plan on taking some out for ME. Selfish, right? I know. But don't you worry about Mike... I take care of him. I've also been eyeing some things that I know won't be part of my life for at least 10 years. Most of these envied items are a direct result of watching tv shows on HGTV every other day. (I complain of no free time but you see where it goes.)

Here are some things I want in the (near) future:

This jacket from lululemon athletica. I probably would never wear it to the gym. It's too cute.

Love. Love. Love this whole outfit from J.Crew. I am a pretty basic gal. I like to keep it classic. THIS is perfect.

Adorable, right?! I want this for the summer... I'll keep on following this little number from Athropologie until it goes on sale if I must. (hint, hint, Mike.)


Ruffled pillows! Mike and I plan on changing our bedroom look next time we move... I'll definitely be buying things from this etsy shop... It has the cutest pillows.
And a couple things I want in the (distant) future:
A cute house with brick/stone and a little porch we can put rocking chairs on. ( I know I sound like a grandma.)
...with a living room like this... I love the dark chocolate brown with white and teal.

And I want to drive my little babies around in THIS. No minivan for Alyssa. C'mon Mike... Volvo is known for having safe vehicles. You'll want our little kiddos to transport in one piece, right? What do ya say?
Clearly, I'm dreaming.
But it's fun to dream.


2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

A. I'm in love with the Ruffle pillows.
B. I love the house and so I guess I am also a grandma.
C. I daydream of the money bank of a man I will marry every day... so let us all dream away!
D. I promise to give really cool christmas presents when I DO marry said-Money Bank of a Man

Mr. and Mrs. Danger Brown said...

we are alike and meant to be best friends. because the truth is, we will just all 4 go in on that amazing home...split the right and left side of house to be BROWN side and NELSON side and we could share the car two as we'll sort of be neighbors...this will make everything cheaper and we could get it in 15 years rather than 30?? did i convince you?
hahahaha