Pages

5.02.2010

Ode {to the Altima}


We've had you but a brief 11 hours.
But we love you.
You have a beautiful brown exterior with
a nice black interior.
But the reason I (Alyssa) love you
the most.... you have a radio/cd player!

I am sure many of you remember Beamer.
Some of you may have taken rides in it while
others were afraid to.
Surprisingly enough, there are some things we
will miss about Beamer.
We will miss the smell of crayons,
the black leather in the summertime, the way it occasionally shook around 40 mph,
the broken radio, the sweet sounds of the outdoors as we drove....
Okay really, I think we'll only miss the sunroof.
Don't worry though! It is not dead yet.
Kelsey Fausett will soon be the proud new driver
of the infamous '92 BMW.
(Why infamous you asked? Well... it had some run-is with Trax,
flying boulders and a dump truck!)

Enough about the past though... Let's talk about the present!
Our brand new (to us) car is a Nissan Altima that had only
35,000 miles on it! We bought it from Levi at Ken Garff Nissan.
Levi was the BEST! He dealt with our picky-ness
from the beginning. He spent at least an hour with us trying to find
the right thing before I asked if there were any used Altimas or Maximas.
He said no and that they go like hotcakes! But then he remember an Altima
the dealership had just got in 2 days ago.
We pulled up to it (in the Nissan Xterra that Mike really wanted....
sorry Mike. You'll thank me with the first trip to the gas station.)
We jumped out and and peeked inside. I loved it! We loved it!
Levi had no clue about the car since it just came in.
I told Levi to go find out about it
BUT
don't come back with the keys unless it
fits in our price range....
LONG story short. He came back with keys.
I fell in love with it. Mike felt he had no choice.
We bought it.
FOR A STEAL though!! We got it for $5,500 below Kelley Blue Book.
They planned on selling it for SOOOOO much more
but Levi knew we (I) wanted it... and now that he made
no commission off of us, I am making him
my wonderful taco soup and cornbread.

I make some killer taco soup and cornbread....
and now, I drive a killer car.

2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

I am so so excited for you guys!!!! There is NOTHING like a new car. My heart sings to this day when I drive my toaster around town with people wrinkling their noses and pointing. Happy hearts all around - I'm glad the Beamer is staying in the fam.
I want to joy ride in your new car - call me friend and we shall play... or better yet - we should RACE!!! ;) P.S. Do you have a name for the new Altima??

Mr. and Mrs. Danger Brown said...

I'm proud I got to hear this story in person because we have the best best friends!! We will forever use this blanket...it's wonderfully perfect! and can't wait to start off summer soon. hooray for the new car!!!! finally a strike of luck:)