Pages

2.29.2012

Chapstick.

Lawyers are funny people. Okay, maybe my beef is just with one in particular.

He gives me weird looks when he walks by and I'm talking with another staffer about something insignificant, like my apprehension in trying lipstick. I mean I've always been a chapstick girl. I've used it since I was young.. when I played in the sun until my lips burned like fire and nothing but a layer of chapstick every hour could cure it. You could say I'm addicted to chapstick. Most women put a little color on their lips for big occasions, like their prom and wedding day. I didn't though. I want to start wearing lipstick because I look at other friends who have taken the leap. They all look phenomenal but I know they have picked just the right shade. How do I know what shade to get? What brand to get?

Listen Mr. Lawyer (that's what we'll call him for the purpose of this rant), I realize my conversations seem full of things you deem insignificant.  I know that your life is filled with only ambitious and elevated (or pompous and pretentious?) thoughts. Allow me to indulge in meaningless girl talk from time to time, without being judged.

Seeing as the judgmental looks happen at least monthly, I would've ended my rant here, had I posted this one day earlier. But not 20 minutes ago, the aforementioned lawyer totally "geeked out" with another attorney over none other than... Harry Potter! Oh man. I died inside. I laughed. I need to hear him explain how upset he was by the ending, how he thought the series and movie should have ended, his excitement in hearing that J.K. Rowling is creating another book with more of an adult focus. He was totally geeking out, people! And that made me feel vindicated.

Today served as a reminder that everyone needs to have pointless, trivial communication once in a while.
But especially women.

2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

here here! Too True indeed. LOVE that you got yours ;)

Amy Jane said...

I'm laughing.

On to the lipstick--have we ever had this conversation? I have the EXACT same feelings. I'm a chapstick wannabe lipstick girl. Who knew?!