Pages

2.13.2012

We'll call this a "filler" post.

January was a good month for me. I posted a ton on this here blog and I was really proud of myself
for documenting life... but then February hit. I haven't done a thing.
I haven't taken pictures and what's a post without a picture? Exactly.
In the meantime, I give you this "filler" post.
I apologize in advance for the ridiculous number of videos on this post.
Yesterday I spent a lot (possibly too much?) time watching music videos of Whitney Houston's on Youtube. I was never a big fan of hers... but it's sad she is gone. What a brilliant voice.


This has to be my favorite one. Maybe because of her hair. Maybe because it screams the 80's. Maybe because I remember singing along to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" when I was a few years old.

This kind of childhood reminiscing lead to a whirlwind of music from my younger years.
Mikey and I showed each other the first music videos we ever saw and the first songs we remember
 hearing on the radio. I won't go crazy with all the videos (mostly because I know you won't watch them)
so here are just two of my favorites.

Don't Take the Girl by Tim McGraw- Did you cry? Tell me you cried.

Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel) by Billy Joel- This song is dear to me. My dad often sang me to sleep with this song.

Both are sappy songs. Mike is right... I must like to cry.
Also, has anyone else heard about the Color Run? It's a 5K extravaganza of color (like the Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork but with running/walking) that takes place in cities all over the United States. You run into a different color cloud at each kilometer mark. They somehow skipped Salt Lake City and have one in every other surrounding city. I could be talked into going up to Boise for the weekend in August to do it. Anyone, anyone?

2 comments:

kylee said...

if i wasn't going to be out of the country in august i would for suuure do that run in idaho with you. i sort of hate that they skipped salt lake.

Ali said...

I am doing this in Chicago!! It sounds awesome!!