Pages

3.06.2012

Goodbye October. Yes, October.

We got rid of the pumpkin. Finally.
If you came over to our place any time in the past 5 months, you'll know what I'm talking about.

At the beginning of October, my grandma and grandpa hosted a halloween/fall party.
The guys decorated pumpkins. Mike got a little creative and ended up with Jesus on his pumpkin.
We referred to it as the "Jesus pumpkin" from there on out.
(Blasphemous? I hope not. Then again, that would be in true Mike fashion.)
The pumpkin sat on our porch from October thru February.
Disgusting. I know. But that's how little we open our side door.

Finally, after a little nagging on my part(hello! I wasn't going to do it.),
Mike rid us of the pumpkin. Yes, it was nasty and Mike was screaming in agony the whole time.
I tried to take a good picture but he was running to the trash can. Fast.



I coaxed him to stop for 5 seconds so I could snap this.
You're probably not even looking at the pumpkin. Sexy morning hair, huh?

Glad that's gone. I'm thinking of making a wreath to adorn our porch.
But it will have to fit both spring and summer... because we know it'll be there for at least 5 months.

3 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Girl, I feel your pain. Hence why I have a vine wreath - which can be decorated with each season. But srsly - PINTEREST CRAFTING DAY!!! :) Let's plan it. *giggle*
(hahahahahah sorry still laughing over mike's hair)

Amy Jane said...

I had the very same thought about a wreath today!

Ted and Breauna Housel said...

hahaha! This is hilarious :) Long live the Jesus pumpkin!!! Now I am left wondering what Mike's Jesus looks like?!