Pages

3.06.2013

starting up again.

My poor little blog has been neglected.
I know exactly why. The convenience that Instagram and Facebook offer keep me rather in the loop and so I hardly bother with blogs anymore. I rarely read them. I more rarely update mine. Just yesterday I was thinking how sad it is that I haven't taken the time to document the details.
I take pictures of daily life like it's my job. Like it's my full-time, baby-lovin' job. SO I just need to take it one step further and blog it.
I'm going to start doing that now in hopes that I don't seem quite so pathetic when I am blogging like a madwoman when we move to Arizona. (I'll say it's not due to boredom and unpopularity... but it will be.)

Anyway,
I won't attempt to let catch up on all the things that I've missed since December but here are the highlights, perchance you only read my blog or haven't looked at Facebook/Instagram in ages.

-- We're moving to Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ in two months. Mike was offered a job transfer with his company so we are taking the plunge. By our own choice, it may be temporary (a year or so) or it could turn into something more permanent. We'll see...

-- Umm... pretty much all the Holidays -Christmas/New Years/Valentines Day- came and went. We spent two weeks around Christmas with my family in Pittsburgh. It was fantastic. And a much needed break for Mike. Charlotte finally met her Grampa and Uncle Zach, we went to Kirtland and enjoyed many church history sites, Cleveland and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and lots of local dives. Gosh dang it... vacations are the best.

-- Charlotte is growing fast. Sounds obvious to most but I really wasn't prepared for her changes to happen so rapidly. I swear she learns something new EVERY SINGLE DAY. Before we know it, she'll be borrowing the family car and dating guys that we don't like.
This week we had her 4 month check up and shots. She handled it like a champ. We found out she's 13 lbs 4 oz (40th%) and 25 inches (80th%). Where is she getting this long, lean body?! Not from us. My guess is that she'll be fattening up soon because we're starting on solids this month! Oh, the excitement. Messy food-all-over-the-face pictures to come soon, I'm sure.


Cute, huh?

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Well, I have no questions about your blogging platform, but I sure like the pictures of your baby. She most certainly is growing up. It's so fun to watch these babies grow, and it's still a little unreal to me that we are all moms. I think that you are amazing. I am so impressed with your faith and your willingness to take the plunge and move. I am sure you will be grateful for this experience no matter what ultimately happens with it. Just love all these pictures and you three!

Heather said...

Love the pictures of baby Charlotte--she is adorable!!

.candace. said...

What the first comment is happening? I like your blog too and I LOVE CHARLOTTE!! Gahhh, I just want to eat her up! I can't believe you're moving. -insert hysterics here- Let's go to dinner AT LEAST every other day til then ok?? I love this blog post btw. It's awesome.

Meag said...

I'm so happy you decided to get back to blogging :). I'm trying to do less Facebook, more blog these days. Charlotte is so precious, they do grow so fast. Enjoy! Crazy you are headed to Pheonix! Both sides of Ken's extended family live there, so maybe we'll bump into you if you're there for a while. I think iit's a really cool place :)

Callen and Liz said...

I cannot wait to meet that sweet little baby!