Pages

9.12.2010

Celebrities with Mustaches

This weekend we went to the State fair where we enjoyed some baby-making music by Boys II Men and baby-making art by senior citizens. Among the 6 first-place scrap book pages and silk flower floral arrangements, we came across this beauty:
It is a beautiful painting that depicts farm workers in the U.S. If you look closely, you can see that the artist's rendition solely depicts Hispanics in every aspect of farm development. We thought that it was so outlandish that I made Alyssa pose by it so that we could share it with the rest of you.

Then it got me thinking about how cool mustaches are. I mean, not a lot of people can pull them off, unless you are a celebrity and people already envy you and don't care what you do. Take the classic example, Tom Selleck.
I don't care who you are, that is a pretty sweet mustache. I mean, not even the sexiest man on the planet (Brad Pitt from what I hear) can pull it off that well.
But boy does he do a good job trying. I don't know if he started the whole modern day look, but Orlando bloom followed his example, even down to the scarf:
So it got me thinking some more. What makes a sexy-stache? Is it celebrity status? Or is it something more? My theory is that it are essential elements that all boils down to making an efficient Mustachio. Here is my philosophy:
  1. Dark Hair
  2. Some type of scarf (Tom Selleck doesn't need one though because his chest hair probably grows out of his shirt enough to keep his neck warm)
  3. The ability to grow facial hair
That's it. So I thought that I could pull it off pretty well too.
I guess not. Don't worry, I shaved it off about 10 seconds after shaving my beard into a mustache... which was about two after taking this picture. I guess I'll have to re-examine the effective-stache theory and try again.

6 comments:

kylee said...

hahahahaaa mike this is the best picture i ever did see. hilarious! good seeing you at the game the other day!

jade said...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1Jm0srHEqcg/TBaJDmISLgI/AAAAAAAAA0U/iL3oteZRUWc/s1600/2010-05-13+09.49.29.jpg

jade said...

that last one was a real comment. go to that link to view a fine mustache.

mike nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mike nelson said...

You can tell Cody that he is my idol! He has figured out much more of the equation of pulling off a sexy mustache than I have. Maybe we can collaborate?

Unknown said...

shuper shexy