Pages

3.09.2012

Our Eats.

This post is devoted to our favorite SLC hole-in-the-wall. Tasty Thai.

I mean, just look at how happy Mike is right here! It has nothing to do with sitting across from the love of his life -after a long work day- and being able to stare into her dark green eyes for endless hours.


No, it's because we just ordered our usual (except, they still don't recognize us
so we can't just say "We'll have our usual.") which is the Pad-Kee-Mow and Gang-Dang.
and daaaang, it is good!
If you love spicy food, sweet curries, sticky rice and veggies... THIS IS THE PLACE.
Seriously, it's some of the best thai food we've ever had...and we've tried thai food in nearly a dozen cities.
This  most recent trip ended with dessert (we never get dessert there!)
and now we will always end our meals with dessert.  Always.
This is the fresh coconut ice cream with peanut topping.
I die.
This stuff is the best. I give it 6 out of 5 stars! Yes, six! It was that good.


Tasty Thai is located in the Liberty Park area, probably one of our favorite parts of SLC.
It's right by Park Cafe (great breakfast joint with beautiful wall art by a new friend of ours),
paddle boating, Cummings Chocolates and Emily Jayne consignment.
Okay, so we wouldn't buy a home in the area because it can be a little sketch.
(note: "sketch" areas in Salt Lake City are not like "sketch" places in, say, the Bronx.
Basically, there are a lot of chain link fences and unkempt yards.)
Five or six blocks east in the Harvard/Yale/13th East area wouldn't be too shabby though.
I've gotta say, from the moment I moved to SLC I told myself I wouldn't be here very long.
But with every year, I love it here more and more. This city offers so much.
We're not considering putting down roots soon. But when we do, this city is on the list now.
Funny how time changes everything, huh?



Picture taken from Tasty Thai parking lot.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That place looks great! I want to go. And I would LOVE to live in the Harvard/Yale/13th East area.....some day. Do it. Our children can be friends, it'll be perfect.

Daniel and Bonnie Farnsworth said...

I really really love good Thai food, in fact, it is my favorite. I also really love SLC. Glad it is on your list. Love you guys.

c a n d a c e said...

Love this post. Srsly Love.
Yes, I LOVE Liberty Park area! But no, it's not my fave place to live live. I guess it's too late to call dibs on SLC living right?? Haha I need to try this place with you!!

Casey said...

I love Thai food! And I will try this place now, even if it is in the sketch neighborhood I currently call home. :)