Pages

6.28.2010

anniversary weekend.


Our first year anniversary was Friday, the 25th.

Hubby and I decided this was his year to plan things (like Valentine's Day and the anniversary) and we would trade off the planning every other year.
I woke up to a ton of beautiful yellow flowers and the smell of waffles. We jump started our weekend as soon as I got off work. He took me to the Cheesecake Factory (one of my favvvs) and we delighted in avocado eggrolls, delish entrees and got a shared raspberry lemon creme cheesecake.
We kept gifts simple and bought a fun Fujifilm xp10 Camera.

It's waterproof-shockproof-freezeproof...
basically it's Mike and Alyssa proof. We love it.

After dinner he whisked me away to a hotel and we spent much needed (ahem)... romantic time.
The night was wonderful.

Then in the middle of the night things took a turn for the worst.
His constant bathroom visits + stomach ache + fever = our belief he got food poisoning.
He was miserable for about 24 hours. Per the request of a man who thought he was dying, I made 2 separate trips to the grocery store... once for Powerade and the second for a Redbox dvd.

For better or worse, right?

Happy one year babe!

4 comments:

kylee said...

congrats you two! hope mike is feeling better! alsooo that lemon raspberry cheesecake may just be my favorite kind. love it!

.candace. said...

Has it really been a year?! That's so great! Sorry to hear Mike was sick -- and from the Cheesecake factory too! Boo. Love you both!!

Mr. and Mrs. Danger Brown said...

congrats you guys!!!! we love you, i love you, the world loves you.

lindsey kaye said...

aww happy anniversary! I totally thought of you two.. miss you both terribly :)