Pages

6.14.2010

fab weekend.

I say "fab" -partly sarcastic and partly sincere. This weekend was pretty good though...

Friday after work we met up with Taylor and Becca Duncan at the temple. It was great to feel so close to my husband in the temple and to spend time with friends doing great work there. I was good to see an old friend, McKensie Wilkinson, too! Mike, Taylor, Becca and I tried Litza's Pizza on 4th south for dinner and I think I'd be safe to say that we all really enjoyed it. Becca and I started out with waters but ended up with some caffeine by the end of dinner. And I don't feel one bit guilty about it.

Now, an interesting Saturday. Mike and I had a few things planned for Saturday.
First on the list, Lagoon.
If you're unfamiliar with what I'm talking about... it's an amusement park north of Salt Lake that's like a small Six Flags-only more ghetto.
Before meeting up with our fun friends, Parker and Bekah, I was eager to buy a camera (ours has been MIA for 3 months now and I've given up the search) so we stopped by Kmart to see what options they had. If you're in the market for anything electronic, I'll save you some time. Don't go to Kmart. They are years behind. Mike and I are still sans camera. Disappointing. (How are they still in business??)
Continuing on, the party of four went up to Lagoon, despite the high wind warnings and monsoon-like weather. We entered the park and stayed a whole two hours before my whining finally annoyed everyone enough to leave. We find the car and Parker... doesn't find his keys. We're locked out of the car and left in the cold. Waiting for our dad (Gary) to pick us all up felt a little like middle school but we still had fun together. (Right guys?)
Later that night, Mike and I met up with some favorites, Cody and Jade, at the Mandarin restaurant in Bountiful. We picked delish sounding dishes.... only for 3 out of 4 to be mediocre. (The ginger beef is excellent though!) Then we went back to our place and played a brand new card game they introduced us to, hand and foot. It is SWEET. Mike and I want to play it again stat. Like tomorrow. Or the next day.

Sunday, we slept in until NINE. That's huge for me... ate delightful scones for breakfast and went to a missionary homecoming. Simple Sunday.

Good life, huh?

No comments: