Pages

6.03.2010

compliments

I've realized that they go a far way. Just the other day at the hotel a handsome businessman, about 3o years old, came to the front desk to check out. I handed him his final statement and he walked away. Once he got to the revolving door he did a 180 and came back to the front desk. I said to me with a smile, "I just wanted to let you know you're amazingly beautiful." ...waited for no response and walked off.

Wow. I must have been having a good hair day.

That compliment made me so happy. (I told Mike this story and he rebutted that he tells me this all the time... It's true. BUT it's just nice to hear it from other people because once you get married-- if you're anything like me-- you start to convince yourself that your husband is the only one who thinks so.)

Anyway, I thought about it some more and it makes me JUST as happy when someone compliments my earrings or shoes. Anything really. It can turn a blah day into a good one.
There is a cute girl in the ward we just moved out of that would make comments so often like "You're so fashionable. I just love your top".. "You're so funny, Alyssa"... and so on. I laughed her words off but she never had any idea how much her words really lifted me up. They meant so much to me.

I want to make others feel good by making simple remarks.
From now on, I resolve to be that person.

1 comment:

.candace. said...

I whole-heartedly agree 100% Alyssa. I love this post a lot. You are an incredible person and lovely bff.