Pages

1.24.2011

From Rags to Royalty Riches

The night was young, and after failed attempts at trying to date Provo, I (Mike) found a flier for a concert at the Muse and thought it would be a great break from the culture. (You would only understand if you have lived there...) So I grabbed a friend and drove down there and bought our tickets. There was this 16 year old kid that opened up the set and it was his first time performing - ever.

After Alyssa and I got married we went back down to visit her sister and turned up at the Muse - where that same kid was head-lining and had his own band.

Well, today (almost 2 years later) I logged onto PureVolume.com and saw him right there on the homepage. Turns out he signed with Columbia records and is kind of a big deal. I think its pretty cool that I saw him at his start and that he's been able to pursue his dreams.

Alyssa and I have gone to a lot of concerts, but I hope to see him on JimmyKimmelLive one day... with me in the crowd... kind of like this (about 1:45 in you'll see why):

1 comment:

Brett said...

Mike what happenned with the other Russell? Did he just fade into oblivion like my heavy metal band? So I don't know if you guys knew this but I just started a blog. I think you should both become followers, that's what I think. epitomeofvice.blogspot.com