Pages

1.24.2011

Hip Hip... HOORAY!

As most of you know, I will be graduating with my bachelors degree
in speech pathology in May.

I've been looking for a job in the speech field for the past year...
just a little something to get my feet wet.

Well, this past Thursday I had an interview with the Speech Coordinator
for the Salt Lake School District and the speech pathologist,
Rebecca Barlow,
that is in need of a part-time speech assistant.

The interview was uncanny to say the least. I was nervous
like never before.
I usually show a lot of self confidence and professionalism... not this time.
I was making ridiculous jokes and talking TOO much.
I've NEVER been nervous during an interview but I've also never wanted a job so much.

Well, long story short, I GOT THE POSITION.
I'm now the new speech assistant at Riley Elementary! couldn't be happier...

(This is where I'll be- 2 days a week- learning everything I can about
what makes a good speech pathologist.)

For those of you wondering if I'm still at the Marriott, the answer yes.
I feel like I'll never be able to quit there. I love the people I work with too much.

So now I work 2 days at the Marriott, 2 days at Riley,
2 classes I go to on campus and 2 online.
Yet, Mike still thinks I'll need a hobby. The boy is crazy.

6 comments:

McCall & Kimberly said...

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations! This will be so helpful when you start grad school! Way to get a head start on things!

kylee said...

congrats alyssa! thats so exciting!

Adam and Tara said...

Congrats! I'm sure you were great in your interview and they must have liked something, right?? ;) Go celebrate!

lindsey kaye said...

Congrats Lyss!! I am so happy that you got the job. that will be such good experience for you.
So uh I text you a couple weeks ago to set up a double date and no response. what is up with that??

Unknown said...

Yeah Yeah! I knew you would rock that interview! Who could help but LOVE Alyssa!?!

Meag said...

CONGRATS!! That's really exciting, hope it's all you dreamed it'd be :)