Pages

1.27.2011

wowza.

.... today's been a long day.
it all started yesterday (actually) when i went to the gym and ran/jogged 4.5 miles.
let me make this perfectly clear: i don't really run anymore.
i haven't since high school.
4.5 miles was close to death for me, but i did it.

then today, i worked for almost 9 hours--standing the entire time at the front desk.
my knees felt like they were about to buckle beneath me like
an 80 year old woman.
my back and my sides are sore.

WOW. i'm outta shape! the first step is realizing it though... right?
CHECK!
next step, do something about it.
i bought a week's worth of slim-fast on tuesday.
CHECK!

has anyone actually done the slim-fast diet before?
i gotta be honest... i'm not going in with much confidence in this one.

cheers to another crash diet!

i'll leave you with this: a picture of hubs and i in the swamps of louisiana



6 comments:

Ted and Breauna Housel said...

Alyssa Nicole... I have done the Slim Fast diet and it really is great! I have no complaints and that's how I started my weight loss journey, although it has somewhat ended and I am most definitely not the ideal person to follow when it comes to weight. Call me crazy, but I actually like the Slim Fast drinks... dieting or not! Keep up the work...your bound to see results!

Kyle and Amanda said...

I think you look great! (lets be honest, your a born model!) but good luck and let us know how it goes!

brookenelson said...

I loved weight watchers, and I am starting again on MOnday if you want to do it together!

Mr. and Mrs. Danger Brown said...

cute photo!!! and HELLO 4.5 miles is amazing...i haven't done that in forever and you should be very proud...breaking the 3 mile barrier is always the hardest. i don't know if you really want my thoughts on the crash diet, but if you call it that, it's not going to work. my suggestion is to use the slim fast as a way to curb your appetite. i.e. don't skip more than one meal a day because you won't be able to handle it. so flip it, instead of skipping two meals to replace with a shake, only substitute one (and don't substitute it all the way, eat some fruit and veggies along with it). this way, you will hopefully just eat a little less, not starve, and curb your appetite rather than punish yourself till you can't stand it anymore. :)

c a n d a c e said...

You already know I'm a huge fan of Weight Watchers. I follow it loosely and don't even feel like I'm dieting. YOU GO GIRL!! :) PS - You and Mikey are so hot. Love u guys.

Linnley Marie said...

Crash Diets?? All I can say is Ugh... I could talk hours about how much they don't work. But I could talk longer about ways to better your lifestyle with out going on a real "diet" but having a better lifestyle :)