Pages

1.26.2011

Help a lady out!

How many of you married people got 3 or 4 crock pots
from your wedding?! Mike and I got at least 3
and I remember, a year and a half ago, insisting that
we keep the nicest one because I was going to used it a lot.

Uhhh.... about that.

Last week, I broke out the crock pot for the FIRST time ever.
I had no clue what I was going to cook but decided with my
new work and school schedule that the idea of something
cooking for several hours would be really convenient.
So I used this recipe for BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

Yummm! My first slow cooker recipe was a totally success!
Sound the alarms! Well, actually... alarms usually sound themselves
when I'm in the kitchen... but they didn't this time. I did something right!
I'm thinking crock pots are Alyssa-proof.

With my new found confidence from my single, successful experience,
now I'm calling on all my friends for help. I know there are so
many crock pot recipes out there and I want your favorites, ladies!
(especially easy ones)

8 comments:

Hailey said...

I have a few for you! I'll put the links below:
http://dinnertonight-hails.blogspot.com/2010/09/olive-gardens-zuppa-toscana.html
http://dinnertonight-hails.blogspot.com/2010/09/pineapple-chicken.html
http://dinnertonight-hails.blogspot.com/2010/07/kalua-pork.html
Have fun! :)

Hailey said...

Oh and here's another one. I haven't tried this one, it's from my cousin's blog. Let me know if you try it and like it!
http://larissaivory.blogspot.com/2011/01/slowcooker-chicken-chili.html

c a n d a c e said...

wow, way to go Lyssa!!! :D

Meag said...

Seriously, 3 yrs in and I haven't used my nearly as much as I should have. I always LOVE it when I do. I try out a super awesome recipe just the other day, I'll email it to you!

Laura Hunter said...

im pretty sure I could have written this post. I just did the same thing. finally pulled out one of my crock pots (the nicest one with the digital settings) of course it didnt work. I dont think you can take things back if you have had them for two years? so I pulled out the next nicest one and I have been using it so much lately. who knew cooking could be so easy?

kylee said...

crock pot chicken:
[an absolute favorite meal of mine]

[Ingredients]
skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 package dry italian dressing mix
8 oz cream cheese
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup

[Directions]
Place chicken in crock pot.
Sprinkle Italian dressing packet over chicken.
Cook 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
One hour before serving, drain off broth and mix the broth with soup and cream cheese.
If you want the sauce thicker, add less; thinner, add more.
Pour the mixture over the chicken and continue to cook for one more hour.
Serve with rice or potatoes.

alyssa nelson said...

thank you friends!!!

Suneeti said...

So guess what I saw today through my internet web browsing?

http://www.amazon.com/Cooker-Revolution-Editors-Americas-Kitchen/dp/1933615699/bakingsheet-20

Then guess what I thought of? and then searched through your blog for? Hope all is well!!