Pages

1.02.2012

I left my $ in San Francisco.

Tony Bennett says "I left my heart in San Francisco"
... and I did. I just left a lot of $$$ there too.

We started out our road trip to San Fran with the traditional Dr. Pepper.

Now let me preface this post by saying that if you haven't taken a really long road trip with just you and your hunny before... you need to do it, STAT. There's nothing like endless hours in a car together. Mike and I have taken a handful of trips together but usually with others. This time around it was just me and my babe.
It was grand.

The road trip started after work on a Thursday. I picked him up at 5:30pm with a car fully loaded with carrots, Snack Pack puddings, Gatorade, string cheese, our favorite tunes and a full tank of gas. We made it all the way to Reno, Nevada and- thanks to the time zone change- we got in just before midnight. The next morning we took the beautiful 4 hours drive to Muir Woods (Redwoods and Sequoias just outside San Fran).


Muir Woods is beautiful. Breathtaking. Peaceful. Almost Spiritual.
There's something about the place that makes all the people speak in a whisper, if not at all.
The smell is unlike any other. Fresh.

After Muir Woods was Sausalito. We didn't spend much time there.
Just long enough to stroll along the bay, visit a dozen specialty shops and grab a margherita pizza.

Then we were off to San Francisco!
After we crossed over the bridge, found ourselves lost in Golden Gate Park (with no GPS because Mike's phone made an untimely parting), drove though Japantown (in circles half a dozen times) then we finally found a place to park the car that wasn't outrageously expensive. Only mildly scandalous $60 a night. We sucked up the cost and forked it over and then checked into our little hotel on the Wharf.

The next two days were full of food, shopping and tourist attractions.
Alcatraz, Pier 39, the famous sea lions, the Aquarium, Lombard Street, Ghiradhelli Square (complete with hot fudge sundae), Chinatown, the Exploratorium and mastering the bus/trolley system.








 The Bay Area proved to be the perfect long weekend getaway.
Although, my travel bug is coming on again (I'm sorry...  It's genetic. I just can't stop!)
so let us know of any fun travel plans we can join in on! Pleeeeeease.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun trip. Love San Fran! You look so pretty! I miss you and reallllllly want to go to dinner still!

kylee said...

okay first. i think you are gorgeous. second. sanfran is the besssst! i seriously loved visiting there with bryndy, lindsay & aubrey a couple years ago. and the trolley! i was giddy when we rode that thing.

Emily M. said...

you are a HOT blonde! love the new hair! oh, and san fran looks great too! ;)

c a n d a c e said...

You look SO gorgeous!! And now I wanna go to San Fran sooo bad. Lucky girl :)

alyssa nelson said...

... and this is why we're friends. You ladies are so so nice! It was such a fantastic time. Getaways are THE BEST.

Amy Jane said...

Love this! It makes me itch to travel. In fact, I had a night of lamenting that our travel days are going to become more difficult here soon...want to take a trip before then? It would be like a favor to me. ;)

Bekah said...

One word: BANFF. As in the national park in Canada. Thoughts? When? Where? How?