Pages

1.02.2012

A Merry Christmas Indeed.

It was Nelson Family Christmas this year. It was also the first time in 24 years that I've ever been away from my own family during the holidays. I knew the time when eventually come. I mean, I have been married for a couple years now... so I braced myself for the most emotional time and you know what?
I made it through. Just fine.

Mike and I decked the halls and made treats for family and friends.




Enjoyed the Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo!  
(I made a few breakthroughs that night... I can't possibly be the only one who expected all the animals to be out... yes, even in 15 degree weather. And reindeer? They do exist!) 




Christmas Eve dinner with all the Nelson clan. Adam (brother in law) had the novel idea of having everyone at one big table... so a table fit for 32. Impressive, right?



Other holiday events included: visiting the lights on temple square on a couple occasions,  a beautiful Christmas message in our ward by President Eyring, new pajamas on Christmas Eve, a Park City getaway with the Browns, a whimsical night at the Salt Lake Country Club and purchasing a new camera (Canon Rebel T3i!!!). The camera presents quite the learning curve for us but... we look forward to the challenge!



Christmas was good to us this year. We're thankful for this special season where we can enjoy time together- focusing on our Savior and those most important to us.

Up next... our 2011 in review. I know. I know. You can hardly wait, right?

2 comments:

chelsey kimberly said...

It was so good to see you guys and catch up!! Looks like you had a good Christmas :) Love you girl!

c a n d a c e said...

2 things on this fabulous blog post:

A. Your treats were A-freakin-MAZING!!! (and I ate them ALL by myself- boo)

B. I LOVE your camera skillz. Srsly. Teach me. :)