Pages

1.17.2012

The little (good) things.

Today's highlights -so far- include:

-After a 45 minute call with the California State Bar I was finally able to check three things off today's to-do list. Do you start every day with a list of things you need to get done and a list of things you want to get done? I try to and there is no better feeling than crossing things off the list! Okay... maybe a couple things are better. But really, I love it.

-Mike and I are now proud owners of the beautiful 2006 Nissan Altima that I've been driving around the past 18 months! When we moved to Bountiful and soon realized my 17 year old BMW couldn't make it up the mountain, my Dad (and financial guru extraordinaire) suggested us getting a different car and paying on a car loan for at least 18 months to build "hard credit". This way it will be much easier when Mike and I want to be approved for a home loan (MUCH further down the road). Yay!

-Mackenzie, the Wells Fargo teller that I see every 2 weeks at the drive thru, knows my name! I'm not sure why I find this to be so exciting... but I do. She said "Hi Alyssa!" as soon as I pulled up. I'd say we're at the friendship level already. And no, that's not rushing things. (The last time I became friends with my bank teller was back in 2006 and that resulted in being set up on the longest, worst blind date of my life. So I'm a bit hesitant but I feel good about this.)

-I feel like I cheated the Chick-fil-a system when my total was $3.40! Thank you to a dear coworker who has introduced me to the ways of the Chick-fil-a kids meal! 4 piece chicken nuggets with polynesian sauce, substitute the fries for a fruit cup (because it's free for the "kiddos") and then you can change out the toy for a cup of their delicious vanilla ice cream and a small Diet Dr. Pepper! All for $3.40! I can't stop using exclamation marks!! No more spending $7 at Chick-fil-a for a good meal... it's all kids meals from here!

-I wrote on my blog! If you can't tell already, I'm trying to put forth a good effort to update my blog a few times a week. I just know that 20 years from now (since I'm horrible at keeping a journal) I'll want to look back at these things. No matter how silly they are.

With all of these positive moments, I'm chalking up today as a good day.

4 comments:

jade said...

i love this.

kylee said...

the chick-fil-a kids meal is the ONLY way to go. lemonade, the perfect amount of food, plus free ice cream?! oh my that ice cream makes it perfect.

c a n d a c e said...

I'm chalking this up to my fave blog post of the day - Congrats! You win... ahem... my approval?? Either way, I LOVE IT!! :)

Callen and Liz said...

Yes for paying off your car! Got to love establishing "hard credit".